• Seasonal cheese made between August 15 and March 15.
• Raw milk originating from the Haut-Doubs pastures at an altitude above 700 m.
• Dairy cows are exclusively fed with fresh grass and hay (no fermented fodder such as silage) (GMO free).
• Daily milk collection.
• Cheese making :
Soft cheese, slightly pressed. Encircled by spruce bark.
• Ripening :
minimum 3 weeks, continues ripening in the traditional spruce box.
• Format :
Small size: 1 lb to 1.3 lb.
Medium size: 1. 5 lb to 1.7 lb.
Big size: 4.4 lb to 6.6 lb.
• Washed rind with slight surface mould, yellow to light brown colour; the rind comes wrinkled inside its box.
• Melt-in-the-mouth and very creamy cheese.
• Woody flavour and coniferous aromas. Subtle savour including a note of spruce. Remarkably typical.
• THE connoisseur cheese. Mont d’Or is available from September 10 to May 10. It will be most appreciated on the cheese platter or baked in the oven in its box
• Dry extract: minimum 45%.
• The fat content in dry matter reaches a minimum of 45%.
• The fat content/total weight ratio is around 24%.
• Salt content around 1%.
• The moisture content of the fat-free cheese: maximum 75%.